Friday, December 30, 2011

For a New Year: 2012

I'm not much into "resolutions". One can resolve many things but without the power and resources to accomplish those goals, it's pretty much pointless. Comes to mind that familiar prayer, co-opted by twelve-steppers but actually crucial for any being with a soul to carry in their heart and mind as they wear through the days: God give me the SERENITY to accept those things I cannot change, The COURAGE to change that which I can, and the WISDOM to know the difference.

In the end it usually comes down to that Higher Power, whatever you believe him/her/it/them to be. If you don't believe there is something outside of yourself, whether you believe in God, little green men from Mars, a creeping red fungus or a six foot tall invisible rabbit you call Harvey, then you are pretty much lost before you begin. But I digress.

My WILL, wishes, desire for the coming year, my ask of my Guardian spirits whatever they may be, would be first for that Serenity, Courage, and Wisdom cited above. That much seems pretty comprehensive to me, a good starting point for any journey. Beyond that, give me agility and foreknowlege to sidestep and avoid the bullies in the world, because it has been my life experience that in most cases, the bullies generally win, and they are everywhere.  When necessary give me the strength and resources and many allies to stand against the bullies and win. Give me the inner strength to resist the efforts of negative and abusive people to pull me down into that morass of depression they would drag me into for their own entertainmant. Give me a clear head and a sound body. Give me imagination and creativity (imagination being the thought and creativity being the action) and the wherewithall to see my creative longings manifest. Allow me to stay employed and to be able to keep my little house I have waited so long to have. Guardians, help me to remember kindness, even in the face of cruelty, and to think before I speak or act so that I don't add to the misery in the world.

I probably wish for a lot more but that covers most of it. I of course wish for my George to become healthy and stronger emotionally, for him to find something to be passionate about and kick his depression (this is the longest one I've seen him in, since May without break), to maybe get a little part time job where he can interact with people (he likes people) and be out of the house. I wish I could find a way to attain ownership of the tiny strip of land next to my home so that I can protect this little wetland from potential developers who would kill it -- a big wish, probably too big, but I can wish it anyway.
Stranger things have happened when you turn them over to that Higher Power. OTOH I'm still waiting for World Peace ... the cure for cancer, AIDS, famine ...
Containing my list of asks of my Guardian spirits to my own immediate corner of the world for now. Tomorrow the Omniverse.

Blessed Be.

No comments: